Monday, November 21, 2005

Upcoming

So, evidently frolicking in the snow is not a good idea when you are not used to the cold weather. I was supposed to go to Minneapolis this past weekend, see some friends, lift my heart a little. Instead, I ended up at home trying to prevent myself from becoming more sick than I already was. As of now, I still have the sniffles, but my head-cold seems to be going away. I guess my body is not going to take the winter well, it adjusted too nicely to India.

In other news, the GRE is in just 9 days. I am very nervous, not just about the test but about what it means for my applications and my future. I know, its just a test, and I have absolute faith that whatever school God wants me in is where I will be. I just hope that its not Madison.

For so long I thought my future was going to be in this city. I looked forward to living here after I got back from India, going to school here and being with my family. But now I see I need more independence from that. My family is great, but I think that we all operate best if we don't see each other everyday, all the time. And I don't like that I am so close to Point, and that I seemingly could run into anyone from high school at any moment that I would be on State St.

It's just hard to be here, and every moment that I AM here I remember why I left this state and went to school in Minnesota! Here's hoping for grad school...

No comments: