Tuesday, November 15, 2005

everybody's getting married!

So, I went to the opera on Sunday (to see Tosca, which was good but not great) and ran into two guys I went to high school with. One of them is getting married, which is great. I got home, checked my email and I found out ANOTHER one of my friends from high school is getting married next month when a girl I knew from youth group in high school is ALSO getting married.

Yesterday, I called a friend and Minneapolis and she told me one of our friends there is close to getting engaged. Then, I was on myspace looking at a friends page, and he had pictures of him and his adorable wife up from their honeymoon. WIFE! It seems like such an adult word for someone who is 22!

Combine this with all the marriage/relationship news that I have been hearing updates on since I came back from India, and its just all overwhelming. Its seems crazy to me, but then again maybe that's because I am a tad jealous. Who doesn't want to have that great of a relationship in their life, where you can look at a person and KNOW that you want them to be there with you every step of the way. It's a great deal, and I am happy so many people that I love and care about are on their way to the altar. I just wish my turn was coming soon too...

Song of the Day: How about me? -Ella Fitzgerald

No comments: