Sunday, March 27, 2005

Happy Easter Everyone

Its Easter today. I thought about trying to find a church in Delhi, but its so hard to communicate what you are looking for and then to find out service times? Its just too much of a chore. So instead, I thought I would go to the internet cafe'.

Yesterday was the Indian festival Holi. It is a Hindu holiday, although everyone I asked seemed to have no idea what the reason for the holiday was. Anyway, to celebrate Holi people buy colored powder and throw it in the air and on others. So, yesterday as I was walking around Delhi I saw very colorful Indians: purple, pink, green, blue. It was like a rainbow in the street. I made sure to wear old clothes just in case I was attacked by color, but the "Tourist Police" were out in full force to prevent the foreigners from getting colored against their will.

The other part of the day that was so eerie was the lack of people around. In India, there are so many people in the country you are almost always surrounded all the time. But yesterday, there was practically no one around. And it was kind of disturbing to me. The streets were so quiet and deserted. Anyway, just thought I would say Hi and wish everyone a happy holiday!

No comments: