Monday, November 13, 2006

november?

Last week was very busy at work. We had a few consultants in for a two-day security training that I was in charge of making sure happened…which meant that I had some late nights at the grocery store and early mornings brewing coffee and setting up a room with easel paper and markers. That said, the training itself is very interesting and I now know how to react if someone throws a live grenade at me (and its not immediately fall to your knees and beg for the rapture!). That info could come in handy someday.

Anyway, I was exhausted once Friday came around and I desperately wanted to sleep in on Saturday morning. However, I was awakened at 7 in the morning by a jackhammer outside my window. They are constructing a “green space” near my apartment (I don’t know how they are going to accomplish that with all the concrete they have been pouring) and they were working early in the morning. So, I had a restless sleep in and a pretty casual Saturday, which included walking to the Barnes and Noble in the Inner Harbor and listening to Christmas music (even though it was like a summer day!). Sunday was spent in Fed Hill cheering for the Ravens. Overall, the NFL was good to me this weekend….the Ravens won, the Bengals lost (my pick in the pool), and the Packers beat Minnesota IN Minnesota (wahoo!).

I have succumbed and finally pulled out my Christmas music for the season, even though it seems wrong because it doesn’t FEEL like Christmas around here. I haven’t even pulled out my winter coat yet! Hopefully it will get colder, and there will be snow in December (although I have a feeling that is wishful thinking).

No comments: