Friday, December 16, 2005

happenings

Sorry I couldn’t write more info sooner, but this week flew by so quickly.

The most exciting thing going on with me right now is that I have a potential job opportunity in Baltimore. I had a first interview on Monday with some people from the Disaster Response department. It went pretty well, and I was happy with what they wanted to know from me. They requested a writing sample from me, and when I emailed it to them they responded by saying they wanted a second interview.

That took place this morning. The two people who interviewed me were very nice and I felt they asked good questions of me. I responded to them as truthfully, honestly and articulately as I could, and I feel that I did the best I can do. It has placed both hope and anxiety in my heart, and I don’t know what I should feel about it all. I want to get this job, I want to move out east, and I know that it would be a wonderful place for me to start working. Right now it's just about hope and prayer. Especially because the transition would happen pretty quickly and I could be out there in two or three weeks.

In other news, I finished my Berkeley application last night. I have been so distracted with what has been going on with this job that I have not been able to concentrate on my essays. I did them as best as I could considering what else has been going on with my life, and we’ll see what they say.

I don’t know what to think, and I don’t know what God is trying to do in my life. The more I think about getting this job and leaving, the more I feel like the timing is really perfect for me. Spending the holidays with my family and then moving out there would be a great way to start the year. I would not have to waste money on grad school applications if I get the job now. I don’t know where God’s plan lies, but I hope that it is in Baltimore.

No comments: