Friday, July 21, 2006

plans

I was tidying up my desk this morning and I saw a random slip from a fortune cookie that I had saved from some Chinese lunch run. I was getting ready to toss it, when I read the fortune. It says: “Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.” I think I will hold on to that one for awhile….

My boss is getting married tomorrow, and I have just been invited. They are having a really small, intimate ceremony and reception, and since I am so new to the organization and all, he felt it wasn’t fair to his fiancĂ©e’ to invite everyone from work. They have had a few cancellations since then, and more of us from DR have been invited. I am so excited to see him get married! This man has walked around the office for months completely goofy and in love, and it will be great to see them take their vows.

Anyway, last minute wedding invite = emergency dress shopping. Kirsten has a wedding she needs to go to in a few weeks as well, so she and I are going to run to Arundel Mills tonight to see what we can find. I can’t believe that I have not a single dress in my closet! Just goes to show how much of a jeans/pants girl I truly am (my mother would be so sad to know that I have no dresses!).

Val is in a show on Saturday night, so Kirsten and I will go down to Annapolis tomorrow to see her perform. I am really excited about that, too. She is amazing live, and when we saw her last (in March) she was performing with a few other people. Val stood out completely. She was the most professional, polished, and talented person in the show, and I hope that this performance will be even better! Plus, any excuse to run to Annapolis is great….I love that place.

Other than that, there is not much going on. Despite all the planned activity for this weekend, I am continuing to be bored in Baltimore (mostly because of the lack of freedom I feel from not having a car). It is so frustrating to live on this side of the country, which has so much great American history and is full of cities I have never seen, and be limited to what I can do or where I can go. There is simply not enough to do in this town to keep me interested. It is SOO small!

1 comment:

8rent said...

speaking of weddings, you should be getting a save the date soon...