Thursday, July 06, 2006

my long weekend

I can’t believe its Thursday already…this holiday weekend thing really throws off the schedule.

I was pretty happy to come into work on Wednesday, funnily enough. The long weekend was great, and it was just long enough to make me want to be productive again. Kirsten and I once again had some crazy times.

Friday was pretty normal. We saw The Devil Wears Prada (awesome movie, Meryl Streep rocks in it). On Saturday I called her at about mid-day to see what she was up to, and she had been talking with the police all day. Someone broke into her car, smashed her passenger side window and mangled her dashboard while stealing the CD player. Then they went into the trunk and took her laptop, ipod, and all of her cds. She was pretty blue, and after spending the morning dealing with the Baltimore police (they were crabby to her, but it is Baltimore, I am sure they had other places to be and things to do) she needed a respite. I was hanging out with her trying to cheer her up when she gets a call from some random guy who says he has her laptop and does she want it back.

Of course she wants it back, so she and I run out at 11 at night to go to a 24 hour diner called the Sip N’ Bite so she can meet him and get her computer back. The situation was pretty shady, but the guy we met was really nice and sorta cute. It wasn’t a horrible experience, just really random and odd. (The best part of this story, though, is that I was watching Syriana last night and all of a sudden, the Sip N’ Bite is on the screen! Christopher Plummer and George Clooney taped a scene in the diner and sat right in the booth where we sat…. as soon as I saw it I called Kirsten and we had a great laugh about it).

My Fourth of July was pretty good. On Monday we drove up to see some family friends of mine who are moving to PA, only an hour and a half away from me. They have two little girls, and I thought they would need a few extra hands to help unpack boxes. It was great to see them and their new house, and to catch up with them about what is happening with me here in Bmore. I only wish I had a car, so that I could go up there more often. It would be great to see trees on a regular basis and get away from all the concrete that surrounds me all the time.

I did see the Baltimore fireworks. It was a pretty fun experience, the Inner Harbor was decked out in red, white and blue, and they shot fireworks off of a barge in the inner harbor and the Domino Sugar factory. We had a primo viewing spot, too….on the balcony of Uno’s. Pizza and fireworks on the fourth of July…that’s a pretty typical American experience, right?

No comments: