Wednesday, April 05, 2006

switchfoot

Switchfoot last night was great. I had so much fun! I seen them twice before; but one of the times doesn’t really count since I didn’t really SEE them, but I was there. Anyway, I had been really excited to see their opening act, a British band named Athlete. But, unfortunately, they had to return to England because of a family emergency. So Switchfoot has a few bands alternating opening for them, and last night was Mutemath. I thought they started off really well, and they have an incredible drummer who was doing great rhythmic stuff. But the end of their set was pretty weak, and I was just waiting for Switchfoot to come out.

Kirsten and I thought they would open with “Stars”, or something completely unexpected. They went for the unexpected, opening with “Shadow Proves the Sunshine” and then leading into “Stars”. I thought that they were much more personable in the small club atmosphere than they were in their big stage shows. It seemed like they were having more fun with each other than the last time, and they played around a bit more. However, the show I saw at the state fair was a better performance musically. I don’t have much to complain about though because they did all the songs I wanted them to do. I was so happy to hear “Daisy” and “Easier than Love”.

It was great to be seeing them with Kirsten, because she is just as crazy about them as me. I had always dragged Leah along with me to see them before, so having a fellow fan who knew all the words to the songs was fun. We ran into someone we knew from church who decided to hang out with us, and ended up sorta making friends with a few people just because we were jammed up against them. I went home exhausted and collapsed into bed almost immediately. I almost overslept this morning.

One other random thing: the weather here is completely bi-polar. I thought Wisconsin weather was insane, but it’s also nuts here too. On Saturday it was really cloudy, but warm, in the high 60’s, low 70’s. Sunday was beautiful, mid-70’s, sunny. Monday was cloudy and we had a Tornado watch that I freaked out about. And now today, we have had snow interspersed with clear blue sky and the temp is down to 45. Freaky!

No comments: