Friday, June 03, 2005

Better Late Than Never

I am back online, finally. Our cable internet isn't hooked up yet and we are using AOL prepaid minutes on my sister's computer for now.

When I came home from India, everything was uprooted. I was only in Madison for 3 days and then I headed off to Minneapolis for graduation, which was absolutely insane since I had been home less than a week. I came back from the Cities only to help my family move from our cramped little two bedroom apartment on the eastside to the 4 bedroom house on the westside that my family is sharing with my aunt. And then, I promptly spent two weeks sitting on my butt. Last week, the first lazy week, I wanted to do nothing simply because I hadn't done that since I had gotten back from my India adventure, and I told myself that this week I would get a job.

Well, that didn't exactly pan out, and although I do seem to have some employment options, I am really worried at what my prospects will be considering I have no real work experience and I am not exactly out to start a career at this point. I am just hoping to find something that isn't too boring which will bring in some income while I try to figure out how grad school is gonna work. I think part of me feels like I will be going back to India sometime soon, which is pretty outrageous. But I am so aimless here, sometimes I feel like it would be easier to cope if I could easily identify myself with a role or something. Anyway, more later.

No comments: