Tuesday, August 10, 2004

So, its been awhile. I haven't been able to get into this to write. But finally it worked. Anyway, I am moving out of my apartment this Saturday, and I will no longer be a Minnesotan (although I never really was one to begin with). I am surprisingly not sad or nervous or anything, but I am sure that will all change very quickly. Emily and I went out to the Dakota, a jazz club in Minneapolis, on Sunday. Neither of us had been there since it moved, and it was so fun to go out and relax. The women who performed were super versatile, going from O Mio Bambino Caro to the yodeling song from the Sound of Music. They were so much fun to watch. It seems that in addition to working 40 hrs this week I am also trying to cram all of my "last nights out" with my girls.

As far as India goes, my visa came a few weeks ago, and my plane ticket should arrive any day. I am busy buying all my last minute gear and supplies, and I am finally working on my pre-departure readings, so these last few weeks might actually be hectic for me even though I won't be working. It looks like Leah and I are going to make a trip up to our dad's house to see family, and a stop in Green Bay to see the most adorable little girls EVER before I leave.

Next Friday Leah and I fly off to Denver for a retreat with Eric and Leslie Ludy. They are the authors of these great books, and they are doing a retreat weekend for young women. There are 12 girls in all, Leah and me included and they are from all over the country. It should be fun to get to know them, and then I get to spend time with my sis before I leave the country.

Guess thats it!

No comments: