Sunday, September 03, 2006

do, do, do you, do you wanna

I am totally obsessed with my new Franz Ferdinand CD. I keep listening to it over and over...I think it may be driving Sarah a little crazy. It makes me so angry that they played DC in April and I had no idea! Who knows when the next time they will be in the States will be. I actually got a bunch of new CD's last week, and I uploaded into iTunes at work. Now that I have music to listen to, I am totally oblivious to the world while I sit in my cube. Whenever people stop by to try to have be do something or because they need my help, it takes me awhile to realize they are there. The other day, Kirsten came by and put her hand on my shoulder and it startled me so badly!

Today was such a beautiful day! After church, Kirsten and I didn't want to go back to the concrete hell of B'more, so she and I decided randomly that we were going to go to Alexandria. Neither one of us had ever been there before, so that's a good enough reason for us to visit. We ended up taking a walking tour of historic Old Town Alexandria, and its 200 years of historical glory. I love walking around the DC-area and being around all the tourists...its a totally different communal vibe than from Baltimore. The people-watching dynamics change. Anyway, while we were wandering we took a slight detour; one of the homes in the neighborhood was having an open house and we wandered through it. It was beautiful, but a skinny, tall rowhouse. The asked price? $1.25 million. Guess I shouldn't expect to ever want to buy a house in this part of the country. K and I also bumped into the last guided tour of the Carlyle House, this big colonial mansion. As we were "toured" through the building, I was having serious American Girl dejavu. When I was a girl, I was obsessed with the American Girl's and all of their stories and places in history. Walking through the house was like perusing Felicity's clothes and belongings in the catalog. I actually knew a bit about the colonial lifestyles of 10 year old girls, which made me feel intellectually superior for all of 5 seconds!

Tomorrow K and I are going up to Philadelphia on our day off. Hopefully some of the historical stuff will be open, so we can get a sense of the history of the place. I couldn't stand the idea of spending my day off just running errands...you have to enjoy those days when you can.

I can't believe it's September! Very weird.

No comments: