Saturday, September 04, 2004

Well, everyone its getting close. I am currently up to my elbows in packing, trying to figure out how to take 9 months of my life in India on the plane in 100 lbs or less! I keep picking up my bags trying to guess if they are too heavy or not. I called to confirm my flight yesterday and everything is a go. I am leaving at noon from Madison and flying to Minneapolis to Amsterdam to Delhi. It will be a long haul, but I am very excited.

Leah, Mom and I went to JCPenney to get portraits done today. Very cute ones of the three of us. I was happy they turned out nicely. We were joking while we were leaving that if I were to go missing while I am gone they will have very recent pictures of me before I left the country to release to the press. That, of course, will not happen but it was a funny thought.

I spent today and will spend tomorrow trying to figure out what I should get my host family for a gift. Something small and easy to pack (since weight is an issue). I did just find this cute little book about Wisconsin at Half Price Books today, so that is something! Oy, I just hope I can get what I want and need in time!

The reality of just how long I am going to be gone is weighing on me now. 9 months has never seemed as long as it does right now. I am not afraid or nervous to go and I know I will be very busy and the time will fly by, and I will be just as reluctant to leave as am I right now to go.

No comments: