Thursday, July 01, 2004

Hey all. I have had ALOT going on in my life lately. I bought a plane ticket to India, and I leave on September 6th from Madison. I will be moving out of my apartment the weekend of August 14-15, but I will keep my cell number still after that. So you can still talk to me then!

I hope everyone had a good 4th of July. Leah and I went to Summerfest over the weekend. We saw Maroon 5, John Mayer and Switchfoot (which was both of our faves). It was so much fun hanging out and walking around. We had never been to Summerfest before, it was a new experience and we may go again, since Milwaukee is only an hour away from Madison.

I got home on Sunday and have had cold like symptoms ever since coming home. It shouldn't be that much of a surprise since we are having fall like weather here right now. Its crazy cold! Last night I was in my room watching T.V., and Julia (the roommate)knocked on my door telling me the ceiling was leaking. I went out into the living room and water was seeping from a crack in the ceiling. I ran upstairs to knock on our neighbor's door (he is my Hindi teacher, so I know him pretty well). Something on his sink had broken while he was taking a nap and water was all over his apartment, and leaking down into ours. He was really nice about cleaning it all up and came down to make sure everything was cool in our place. Quite a little adventure.

I've seen a couple really good movies lately, so I thought I would tell you what I thought of them:

Fahrenheit 9/11
Everything Michael Moore says has to be taken with a glass of saltwater (cause a grain of salt isn't enough!), but I was impressed that it really wasn't a personal attack on Bush. It was more of a questioning of the politics and business of the administration, which to me is fair game. Most of it is about Iraq, though. And its just really sad. My friend Emily cried through the whole movie, because he has some war images that are hard to see. You come out of the movie feeling really helpless, and you realize that all you can do to fix the problem (regardless of what party you are for) is to vote.

Spiderman 2
I also saw spiderman yesterday. It was SOOO awesome. You are gonna love it. Its far better than the first one. First of all, I think it has more of a comic book feel than the last one. Secondly, Tobey Maguire is incredible! He actually had me tearing up at one point, and its Spiderman not an art house flick. Dr. Octapus (or whatever his name is) is really interesting. You end up feeling bad for him because the accident makes him evil, vs. the goblin because he always seemed evil to be ( or maybe it was Williem Dafoe's face, who knows).

No comments: